Glenmark Generics Inc., USA (GGI) is the North American division of Glenmark Generics Ltd. Glenmark made the strategic decision to enter the world’s largest pharmaceutical market by establishing its subsidiary in the United States in 2003. Since its first product launch in January 2005, the Company has emerged as one of the leading generic organizations in the country. The business has grown at a consistent rate with a robust portfolio of products that have doubled almost every year.
A focused presence in niche segments including dermatology, hormones, controlled substances and modified release products, has helped ensure a sustainable market opportunity and continued profitability. Glenmark’s approach to pipeline development has always included a combination of filing opportunities. A key driver for the business has been the paragraph IV strategies, which have resulted in successful outcomes such as first to file status, market exclusivity and partnership opportunities within the pharmaceutical market.
GGI continues to rely on its strong foundation and makes use of research and marketing initiatives to strengthen its presence in focused therapeutic segments.
Highlights of GGL - US Business :
- The largest contributor to the revenue of Glenmark Generics Ltd.
- The Company's current portfolio consists of over 75 generic products authorized
for distribution in the U.S. market
- Over 40 ANDA's filed with the U.S. FDA for approval
- In addition to these internal filings, GGI continues to identify and explore external
development partnerships to supplement and accelerate the growth of the existing
pipeline and portfolio
- Strategic partnerships for controlled substances, dermatology and oral solid products
- Sole First to file opportunities: Zetia, Tarka, Cutivate Malarone & Locoid Lipocream